Camp Chippewa (Christie Conservation Area)
Age 14 (in calendar year)
Build on the skills you learned in Level 1 through fun, creative sessions and hands on experience.
Guided by our skilled staff, Leaders in Training Level 2 will develop skills in:
- team building communication, trust and support
- conflict resolution
- YMCA Healthy Child Development and safety awareness at camp
- behaviour management techniques
- special needs integration, and
- assisting with daily camper routines
- placement with camper groups and debriefing of experience
- planning and delivering three new and different skill-building group games.
LIT Campers will be guided through these sessions by ou trained staff. An evaluation will be done based on performance. A final report will be given to each participant.
LIT Campers may have the opportunity to sleep out and provide assistance and leadership to the Camp Fundamentals sleep over.
Prerequisite: Leader in Training Level 1 and campers must turn age 14 in the program year.
Staff to camper ratio is 1:15.
Bussing is provided.
Cost: $190 /2 week session (available weeks 5-6 and 7-8; must attend both weeks)
In Leader in Training Level 3 you will improve your skills by volunteering at an indoor camp and preparing for Junior Counselor positions the following year. You'll continue to build skills in a...
Calling all teens, including non-members. This is your open access time at the YMCA. Come out and enjoy some sports, work out in the Fitness Centre, hang out in the Youth Centre, swim in the pool....
Summer 2017 Guide
Find full program details in the YMCA Day Camps Summer 2017 guide.