Because your health shouldn't be defined by your neighbourhood
Y on Wheels brings YMCA programs and services directly to Hamilton neighbourhoods. It's on the road more than 300 days per year delivering by request everything from Zumba® classes to resume writing workshops, all free of charge. Y on Wheels is presented in partnership with U.S. Steel Canada.
Working with community neighbourhood associations, schools and organizations, Y on Wheels is one of the ways the YMCA is reaching out to address key issues affecting community health.
View the most recent Y on Wheels Report Card
Y on Wheels in your neighbourhood
- From nutritional education to family activities at events, Y on Wheels delivers!
- Fitness & Health (e.g. Latin Funk, Yoga, Stretch & Tone, Nutrition Seminars)
- Sports & Recreation ( e.g. Soccer, Basketball, Ball-Hockey)
- Child / Youth Age-Specific Programs (e.g. Arts & Crafts, Homework Assistance, Board Games)
- Leadership Development (Youth leadership programs that help participants ages 10 - 17 develop skills useful for a lifetime)
- Employment Services (e.g. Resume writing, interview skills)
- Immigrant Settlement Services (e.g. Language assessments)
- Seniors Programs (e.g. Low Impact Fitness, Walk Fit)
- YMCA information table for public event
For more information contact:
Y on Wheels Coordinator